The latest version of Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux is 4.7. The latest version of Ten Thumbs for Mac Classic is 3.4.1.
Upgrade PolicyYour Ten Thumbs license entitles you to free upgrades to any version with the same main version number. So this means that if you buy a license for version 4.0 you are entitled to any of the future releases that come out under version 4 (e.g. 4.1).
- If you have a version 3.x license you wish to upgrade to 4.0 please go to our purchasing page to purchase an upgrade to 4.0.
- If you need any assistance, or if you are unclear if you need to upgrade please contact our customer support. If you wish to take up a free upgrade in an older product (e.g. 2.2.3 to 2.4.1) please contact support.
- Please note this does not apply to owners of Learn to Type as this product is no longer supported. If you wish to upgrade your version of Learn to Type to Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor please go to our online store.
New in 4.6
- Italian language and keyboard support
- Bug fixes and enhancements
New in 4.5.1
Fixes issues with some languages
New in 4.5
- Vista compatibility has been added
- Improved iTunes integration, able to type the lyrics for songs even if you haven't learnt all the letters
- Improved feedback option at the end of the trial allows us to respond to our potential customer needs with even more innovation
- We have enhanced our school lab teachers ability to manage their students by including a new add and delete students in the class function
- A new and improved installer allows simpler installations with respect to language selection
- New and improved Spanish language translation
New in 4.3.1
Bug fixes and enhancements
New in 4.3
Added Danish Keyboard and Language support, fixes to Spanish language, bug fixes.
New in 4.2.2
Improved Networking, Bug Fixes
New in 4.2.1
Fixed bug which meant Ten Thumbs didn't run in earlier versions of OS X
New in 4.2
Native Universal Binary support for Mac Intel
New in 4.1.1
- Dutch Azerty keyboard support added
- Bug Fixes
New in 4.1
- Dutch keyboard and language support
- Swiss keyboards in French and German
- Bug fixes including: Windows crash bug, Perseverance being too persistent, bug where there are no words to type, and other localisation and display issues.
New in 4.0
- New animations and sounds. Ten Thumbs comes to life on your computer.
- Learn the 5 habits of highly effective touch typing in with our new lesson plan.
- Adaptive lessons, pick up your weak keys and automatically provide extra practice with them.
- New iTunes options. Use SongSeeker to download and type lyrics to your favorite iTunes. Control iTunes from within Ten Thumbs.
- Bug fixes
Also see our features page.
New in 3.0.2 (Mac OS X only): Fixed Mac OS X specific bug. Previously we had reports of people being unable to select Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor as an allowed application for accounts using the "some limits" option. This is now fixed. (This is a free upgrade for 3.0 users. Your existing Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3.0 key will unlock 3.0.2.)
New in 3.0.1 (Mac OS X only): Fixed Mac OS X specific bug, where in some versions (notably 10.2.8) the program crashed on startup.
New in 3.0: A complete redesign of the interface with new illustrations, backgrounds and layouts. The introduction quiz has been streamlined and now automatically detects UK or US keyboard layout settings. Alongside this other minor improvements and fixes have been made.New in 2.4.1: File location problems with the linux version have been resolved along with other minor bug fixes and improvements, across all platforms.
New in 2.4: Improvements in the way passwords are handled, to the way the certificate is displayed, extra teacher options to control student access to games and save student files in the users home directory, and other bug fixes and minor improvements.
New in 2.3.3 and 2.2.3: Improved performance in the games, better student importing between versions.
New in 2.2.2 and 2.3.2 improved network performance, faster load time for large numbers of student records, new logout feature for individual students, skip quiz option in Teacher report, reset student passwords, various minor bugfixes including the intermittent freeze in games.